- 2/3 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup (light or dark)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Beat butter until creamy. Add half of the flour with sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- While you dough chills make your filling. In a small saucepan, combine powdered sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Stir until melted and just boils on the edge. Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Set in fridge on a hot pad, cooling for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll in egg whites or you could brush it on.
- Press center down with your thumb.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven so you can fill centers.
- Add a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of your pecan pie filling. Don’t add too much or it will bubble over your cookie.
- Bake for 5-7 more minutes or until golden brown. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
If you want to visit the original website here’s the link