- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. orange zest, plus 1 orange peeled and cut into rounds
- 3/4 c. Buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 (10-oz.) package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the lowest position. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Whisk together orange zest, buttermilk, and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Melt brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a 10″, oven- proof skillet, over medium heat. Stir in ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and arrange orange slices and cranberries on top of brown sugar mixture.
- Beat granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 cup butter on medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture, just until flour is incorporated. Spread over oranges and cranberries.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in skillet on a wire rack 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Here’s the link to the original site