- 300 g all purpose flour
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 100 g butter, melted
- 250 ml buttermilk (about 1 cup or 8.45 US fluid ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g dark chocolate (70%), coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 200°c (392F).
- Prepare a cupcake pan with 12 muffin liners. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- Set aside. Mix sugar, butter, buttermilk and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate, but save 1/4 of the chocolate to put on top of muffins.
- Divide batter between 12 liners, filling them completely full.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate pieces.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a cake tester comes out almost clean.
Here’s the link to the orignal link